Re: colorscheme for vimdiff

  • Benjamin R. Haskell
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 5, 2011
      On Mon, 4 Jul 2011, Anonymous bin Ich wrote:

      > Hi!
      >
      > Is there a way to load different colorscheme when using vimdiff (and
      > different when using vim)?

      In .vimrc, condition it on the value of 'diff', which will be set to a
      value that evaluates to true in whatever buffer vimdiff starts in:

      if &diff
      " colors[cheme] for diff mode
      colors whatever
      else
      " colors for 'normal' mode
      colors andtheother
      endif

      --
      Best,
      Ben

    • Chris Jones
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 5, 2011
        On Tue, Jul 05, 2011 at 02:22:01AM EDT, Anonymous bin Ich wrote:
        > Hi!
        >
        > Is there a way to load different colorscheme when using vimdiff (and
        > different when using vim)?

        <troll>

        Just download any colorscheme. Most authors do not QA against vimdiff,
        and the result usually looks quite ‘different’… defaults to builtin
        values, possibly.

        </troll>

        CJ

      • Anonymous bin Ich
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 9, 2011
          Thanks for all your help guys. I was looking for something like &diff,
          just didn't know what was it.

          PS: @Chris: That is one of the reason I asked this question :)