Re: Control iTunes from Vim with ViTunes (a vim plugin packaged as a Ruby gem)

  • Troels Agerholm
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 2, 2011
      On Sat, Jul 2, 2011 at 1:12 AM, Daniel Choi <dhchoi@...> wrote:
      > If > and < don't work for you, then try these:
      >>> will play the next track
      > << will play the previous

      Now > and < work. >> also works.

      << gives the message pasted below (and does not work)

      Also I can confirm that changing the path fixes the '?' command.

      I will surely be looking forward for a way to change the leader. Now I
      invoke vitunes with \i and dissmiss it with ,i which is a bit counter
      intutive (to me at least).

      --
      Best wishes
      Troels Agerholm

      Message when invoking << (don't know where the line breaks come from)

      2011-07-02 10:06:41.099 vitunes-tool-objc[3857:903]
      -[ITunesApplication prevTrack]: unrecognized selector sent to instance
      0x1002599f0^@2011-07-02 10:06:41.103 vitunes-
      tool-objc[3857:903] *** Terminating app due to uncaught exception
      'NSInvalidArgumentException', reason: '-[ITunesApplication prevTrack]:
      unrecognized selector sent to i
      nstance 0x1002599f0'^@*** Call stack at first throw:^@(^@^I0
      CoreFoundation 0x00007fff888437b4
      __exceptionPreprocess + 180^@^I1 libobjc.A.dylib
      0x00007fff86ac2f03 objc_exception_throw + 45^@^I2
      CoreFoundation 0x00007fff8889d110
      +[NSObject(NSObject) doesNotRecognizeSel
      ector:] + 0^@^I3 CoreFoundation
      0x00007fff8881591f ___forwarding___ + 751^@^I4 CoreFoundation
      0x00007fff88811a68 _CF_forwa
      rding_prep_0 + 232^@^I5 vitunes-tool-objc
      0x0000000100001d50 itunes + 40^@^I6 vitunes-tool-objc
      0x0000000100002478 main + 1125^@
      ^I7 vitunes-tool-objc 0x0000000100000e38 start +
      52^@)^@terminate called after throwing an instance of 'NSException'^@

    • Daniel Choi
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 2, 2011
        Hi Troels

        Thanks very much for the bug report. Please run

        gem install vitunes && vitunes-install

        to get version 0.1.3.

        This version should:

        - fix the << bug
        - allow you to use '\' as the mapleader
        - clean up the current track display line by preventing it from spilling
        over to a second line

        Please let me know how it goes.

        Dan

        On Sat, Jul 02, 2011 at 04:14 AM, Troels Agerholm <ingatellent@...> wrote:

        from: Troels Agerholm <ingatellent@...>
        date: Sat, Jul 02 10:14 AM +02:00 2011
        to: vim_use@...
        cc: dhchoi@...
        subject: Re: Control iTunes from Vim with ViTunes (a vim plugin packaged as a Ruby gem)

        On Sat, Jul 2, 2011 at 1:12 AM, Daniel Choi <dhchoi@...> wrote:
        > If > and < don't work for you, then try these:
        >>> will play the next track
        > << will play the previous

        Now > and < work. >> also works.

        << gives the message pasted below (and does not work)

        Also I can confirm that changing the path fixes the '?' command.

        I will surely be looking forward for a way to change the leader. Now I
        invoke vitunes with \i and dissmiss it with ,i which is a bit counter
        intutive (to me at least).

        --
        Best wishes
        Troels Agerholm

        Message when invoking << (don't know where the line breaks come from)

        2011-07-02 10:06:41.099 vitunes-tool-objc[3857:903]
        -[ITunesApplication prevTrack]: unrecognized selector sent to instance
        0x1002599f0^@2011-07-02 10:06:41.103 vitunes-
        tool-objc[3857:903] *** Terminating app due to uncaught exception
        'NSInvalidArgumentException', reason: '-[ITunesApplication prevTrack]:
        unrecognized selector sent to i
        nstance 0x1002599f0'^@*** Call stack at first throw:^@(^@^I0
        CoreFoundation 0x00007fff888437b4
        __exceptionPreprocess + 180^@^I1 libobjc.A.dylib
        0x00007fff86ac2f03 objc_exception_throw + 45^@^I2
        CoreFoundation 0x00007fff8889d110
        +[NSObject(NSObject) doesNotRecognizeSel
        ector:] + 0^@^I3 CoreFoundation
        0x00007fff8881591f ___forwarding___ + 751^@^I4 CoreFoundation
        0x00007fff88811a68 _CF_forwa
        rding_prep_0 + 232^@^I5 vitunes-tool-objc
        0x0000000100001d50 itunes + 40^@^I6 vitunes-tool-objc
        0x0000000100002478 main + 1125^@
        ^I7 vitunes-tool-objc 0x0000000100000e38 start +
        52^@)^@terminate called after throwing an instance of 'NSException'^@

        --
        Sent from vmail. http://danielchoi.com/software/vmail.html

      • Troels Agerholm
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 2, 2011
          On Sat, Jul 2, 2011 at 4:36 PM, Daniel Choi <dhchoi@...> wrote:
          > Please let me know how it goes.

          Now it works great. Thanks a lot.

          Minor annoyance though: Now the leader \ works for all commands except
          the 'dissmiss vitunes' command (i.e. to dissmiss vitunes I have to
          press ',i', if I press '\i' another buffer with vitunes is displayed).

          I can surely live with that.

          --
          Best wishes
          Troels Agerholm

        • Daniel Choi
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 2, 2011
            Thanks for reporting -- this is an oversight on my part. 0.1.8 should fix this problem.

            On Sat, Jul 02, 2011 at 10:46 AM, Troels Agerholm <ingatellent@...> wrote:

            from: Troels Agerholm <ingatellent@...>
            date: Sat, Jul 02 04:46 PM +02:00 2011