Keeping the Cursor in the Taglist Window

  • Roy Fulbright
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 30, 2011
      I have the taglist plugin and it works great. I have 'Tlist_GainFocus_On_ToggleOpen' set so that the cursor is in the taglist window when it opens. This works fine, but when I scroll the cursor down to an entry and press ENTER the cursor is moved to the main Vim window. I would like the cursor to remain in the taglist window as I select different taglist entries so I won't have to keep moving it back each time to make another selection. Is there a setting that keeps the cursor in the taglist window while making selections from the taglist? Thanks.

    • Kent Sibilev
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 30, 2011
        On Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 9:54 PM, Roy Fulbright <rfulbrig@...> wrote:
        > I have the taglist plugin and it works great. I have
        > 'Tlist_GainFocus_On_ToggleOpen' set so that the cursor is in the taglist
        > window when it opens. This works fine, but when I scroll the cursor down to
        > an entry and press ENTER the cursor is moved to the main Vim window. I would
        > like the cursor to remain in the taglist window as I select different
        > taglist entries so I won't have to keep moving it back each time to make
        > another selection. Is there a setting that keeps the cursor in the taglist
        > window while making selections from the taglist? Thanks.

        Instead of <Enter> press 'p'. Also :help taglist.txt

        --
        Kent

      • Roy Fulbright
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 1, 2011

          > Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2011 00:35:20 -0400
          > Subject: Re: Keeping the Cursor in the Taglist Window
          > From: ksruby@...
          > To: vim_use@...
          >
          > On Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 9:54 PM, Roy Fulbright <rfulbrig@...> wrote:
          > > I have the taglist plugin and it works great. I have
          > > 'Tlist_GainFocus_On_ToggleOpen' set so that the cursor is in the taglist
          > > window when it opens. This works fine, but when I scroll the cursor down to
          > > an entry and press ENTER the cursor is moved to the main Vim window. I would
          > > like the cursor to remain in the taglist window as I select different
          > > taglist entries so I won't have to keep moving it back each time to make
          > > another selection. Is there a setting that keeps the cursor in the taglist
          > > window while making selections from the taglist? Thanks.
          > >
          > > --
          > >

          > Instead of <Enter> press 'p'. Also :help taglist.txt
          >
          > --
          > Kent

          Thanks, Kent. That's what I was looking for. I had tried :help taglist, but it said nothing about pressing 'p' as taglist.txt does.

          Roy