Re: Passing Env Variables to Grep(as intended folders) search does not work under win32?

  • kuru
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 30, 2011
      Gary thank you for very detail follow up on this. It helped me to see
      some of the issues.

      You are right that I have set up the grepprg in my rc
      "set grepprg=grep\ -niH"

      ->Cmd.exe
      grep -i random %INCLUDES%/*
      --works--

      -> Gvim(win32)
      :grep -i random \%INCLUDES\%/*
      --works--

      This way I am also able to use the Vim defined variables as env
      variables. For example
      let $INCLUDES1=c:\somedevfolder

      :grep -i random \%INCLUDES1\%/*
      --works--

      I set my shell to "c:\cygwin\bin\bash" in Gvim
      :grep -i random $INCLUDES/*
      --works(because uses Cygwin grep) but then I cannot open the files in
      the quick fix because they are all in Cygwin Unix paths--

      Thanks again for all the help. This is going to be super helpful to
      me.