Re: Plugin to continue text at top

  • Charles Campbell
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 1, 2011
      GĂ­sli Freyr Brynjarsson wrote:
      > Hi guys
      >
      > When I was reading an article the other day I came across a complaint
      > from some IT-guy that he missed that today's editors, when they had
      > reached last line, couldn't "expand" and continue the file in an
      > attached window. In the answers someone said that Vim could infact do
      > this. I asked him how it's done but he won't answer me.
      >
      > So the plugin/script would work like this:
      > Let's say you have a gvim window which, from top to bottom, has 50
      > lines. When you finish writing in the 50th line and hit enter GVim
      > would automatically make an attached "window" right next to where you
      > were writing so the 51st line would go on the top inline with the 1st
      > line. I'll try and demonstrate it with a picture with only 5 lines.
      >
      > || 1st line || 6th line || 11th line ||
      > || 2nd line || 7th line || 12th line ||
      > || 3rd line || 8th line || 13th line ||
      > || 4th line || 9th line || 14th line ||
      > || 5th line || 10th line || 15th line ||
      >
      > If this script exists and you know where it can be found than that
      > info would be greatly appreciated.
      > If on the other hand it doesn't exist than I would appreciate your
      > input on how I could, for a lack of a better word, engineer it myself.

      Hello,

      You can try mpage.vim out; its not exactly what you're asking for, but:

      * let g:mpage_autonxtwin= 1 -- put this into your .vimrc to enable
      automatic next-mpage-window advancing when in insert mode
      * when editing a file, use :MPage [splits] -- pick how many
      mpage-controlled window you want

      You may get mpage.vim from
      http://mysite.verizon.net/astronaut/vim/index.html#MPAGE

      Regards,