[HELP]perl-support problem on gvim 7.3

  • zhang listar
    Message 1 of 2 , May 31, 2011
      The os is windows xp sp3, with gvim 7.3.

      I am new to Perl, and want to use vim to edit perl, so I download perl-support and install it.

      But when I start gvim to edit a file say, test.pl. it gives the error as follows:

      can't locate Per/tags.pm  in @INC at (eval 9) line 1.

      can't call method "process" on an undefined value at (eval 10) line 5

      What should I do?

      Thanks in advance~

    • Shlomi Fish
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 1, 2011

        On Wednesday 01 Jun 2011 04:51:01 zhang listar wrote:
        > The os is windows xp sp3, with gvim 7.3.
        >
        > I am new to Perl, and want to use vim to edit perl, so I download
        > perl-support and install it.
        >
        > But when I start gvim to edit a file say, test.pl. it gives the error as
        > follows:
        >
        > can't locate Per/tags.pm in @INC at (eval 9) line 1.

        You have a copying error here - next time use your shell's session copy-and-
        paste feature.

        You probably mean you need to install this module -
        http://search.cpan.org/dist/Perl-Tags/ - so install it from CPAN.

        > can't call method "process" on an undefined value at (eval 10) line 5

        Can't help you with this one yet.

        Regards,

        Shlomi Fish