Any way to change cursor type when enter insert mode for terminal VIM on MAC?

  • wei gao
    Message 1 of 2 , May 31 4:42 AM
      Hi, All

      I did a lot of serarch and seems mission is impossible. T_SI is not working on MAC. It's not so convinent to see same cursor in normal mode and insert mode.

      Thanks!

      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 1, 2011
        On 31/05/11 13:42, wei gao wrote:
        > Hi, All
        > I did a lot of serarch and seems mission is impossible. T_SI is not
        > working on MAC. It's not so convinent to see same cursor in normal mode
        > and insert mode.
        > Thanks!

        One possibility is to use gvim or macvim: IIUC, in those GUI versions
        you have full mastery of the cursor shape by means of the 'guicursor'
        setting.

        In Console mode, Vim relies on the terminal to set block or underline
        cursor shape, when possible. Some terminals can do it, some can't,
        similarly some can change the cursor colour, some can't, but in any case
        the option name is not T_SI but t_SI -- case is significant in option
        names, and termcap setting names all start with a lowercase t followed
        by an underscore.

        Note that t_SI and t_EI will only be used if all three of the following
        conditions are met:
        - they are both set to nonempty values, which is never the default
        - your Vim is compiled with +cursorshape
        - you are running Vim version 7 (or higher).

        See also :help termcap-cursor-shape

        HTH,
        Paul's Law:
        You can't fall off the floor.