Problems with multi-line echo on autocommand

  • Where Where
    Message 1 of 1 , May 30, 2011
      Hello,

      Normally, when I ask vim to echo multiple lines of text (as in echo
      "Test 1"|echo "Test 2"|echo "Test 3"|echo "Test 4"), it shows all of
      them, and asks me to press enter to continue. I've been working on a
      plugin in which I want vim to echo multiple lines of text in this
      fashion under certain circumstances when an autocommand event is
      triggered. However, when I do this, I find that vim only shows the
      last line of text.

      For instance, if I enter:
      autocmd  CursorMoved * echo "Test 1"|echo "Test 2"|echo "Test 3"|echo "Test 4"

      And then move my cursor, vim displays "Test 4". Is there any way
      around this? (I am using vim 7.3).

      Many thanks,
      Daniel