Compiling vim with specific version of Python

  • Chris
    Message 1 of 1 , May 3 9:33 AM
      I'm working on several Python projects who run on various versions of
      Python. I'm hoping to set up my vim environment to use ropevim,
      pyflakes, and pylint but I've run into some issues caused by using a
      single vim (compiled for a specific version of Python which doesn't
      match the project's Python version).

      I'm hoping to build vim into each of my virtualenv directories but
      I've run into an issue and I can't get it to work. When I try to build
      vim from source, despite specifying the Python config folder in my
      virtualenv, the system-wide Python interpreter is always used.

      configure --prefix=/virtualenv/project --enable-pythoninterp=yes --
      with-python-config-dir=/virtualenv/project/lib/python2.6/config

      Results in the following in config.log:

      configure:5151: checking --enable-pythoninterp argument
      configure:5160: result: yes
      configure:5165: checking for python
      configure:5195: result: /usr/bin/python

      It should be /virtualenv/project/bin/python. Is there any way to
      specify the Python interpreter for vim to use?

      NOTE: I can confirm that /virtualenv/project/bin appears at the front
      of PATH environment variable.