Re: how get buffer number occurrences : in what windows, and split mode of each occurrence.

  • Ben Schmidt
    Message 1 of 2 , May 2, 2011
      > I want to know, how i can get all file1.txt buffer numbers
      > occurrences : in what windows and split mode of each window. By other
      > words, how i can get information that file1.txt was opened in first
      > tab tree times, two vertical, one horizontal.
      >
      > I need to collect this information to restore view with help of
      > winrestcmd function. (after closes all split windows and buffer,
      > restore it like it was before )

      Can you just use :mksession to save and restore everything? That's probably easiest.

      I don't know how you can get information about the window layout, which is the
      biggest hurdle.

      A hack/workaround to get what you want might be to do :mksession into a temporary
      file and then filter it somehow to extract the information you want.

      Ben.