Remapping Down Arrow

  • Matt Ferguson
    Message 1 of 2 , May 2 3:58 PM
      Remapping Down Arrow Hi Guys,

      I want to remap Option+Up/Down to page up/page down.  I’ve done some googling and tried the following with no success: “set <M-Dn> <PageDown>”, “set <M-Down> <PageDown>”, “set <M-DA> <PageDown>”.  Can someone help me out?  I’m running Mac OSX if it matters.

      Thanks,
      Matt

    • Ben Schmidt
      Message 2 of 2 , May 2 5:30 PM
        > I want to remap Option+Up/Down to page up/page down. I’ve done some googling and
        > tried the following with no success: “set <M-Dn> <PageDown>”, “set <M-Down>
        > <PageDown>”, “set <M-DA> <PageDown>”. Can someone help me out? I’m running Mac OSX
        > if it matters.

        The main problem is that you want :map not :set.

        :map <M-Down> <PageDown>

        To make it work in insert mode:

        :map! <M-Down> <PageDown>

        It's quite probable it won't work in the terminal, though. It should work in
        MacVim, though. In terminal, you may find that using <Esc><Down> rather than
        <M-Down> works. Except it would also work if you actually press that sequence,
        which you probably don't want. On OSX, though, you can also alter your terminal
        settings to make the key send a custom sequence, I think, which might be a more
        reliable option--actually make Terminal.app send the pageup/pagedown sequences
        when you press option-up/down; that would work in other commandline apps too.

        Hope this helps,

        Ben.