Re: how to jump to method defined in other file

  • Taylor Hedberg
    Message 1 of 3 , May 2, 2011
      If your tags file is properly generated, you should be able to follow
      tags between files the same way you follow tags within a file: position
      the cursor on the tag and press Ctrl-].

    • Jean-Rene David
      Message 2 of 3 , May 2, 2011
        * vicky b [2011.05.02 03:00]:
        > Hi all,
        >
        > I am using Exuberant ctags for java ,i am able to generate tags now.I am
        > also using taglist plugin for vim.Now how can I jump to a method which is in
        > defined(written/implementation) in other file and which is called in
        > current file.

        Place your cursor on the name of the function and press 'ctrl-]'. Or
        type ':tag name_of_your_function<Enter>'.

        HTH,

        --
        JR