how to jump to method defined in other file

  • vicky b
    Message 1 of 3 , May 1, 2011
      Hi all,

         I am using Exuberant ctags for java ,i am able to generate tags now.I am also using taglist plugin for vim.Now how can I jump to a method which is in defined(written/implementation) in  other file and which is called in current file.

      --
      Thanks & Regards
       Vickyb

    • Taylor Hedberg
      Message 2 of 3 , May 2, 2011
        If your tags file is properly generated, you should be able to follow
        tags between files the same way you follow tags within a file: position
        the cursor on the tag and press Ctrl-].

      • Jean-Rene David
        Message 3 of 3 , May 2, 2011
          * vicky b [2011.05.02 03:00]:
          > Hi all,
          >
          > I am using Exuberant ctags for java ,i am able to generate tags now.I am
          > also using taglist plugin for vim.Now how can I jump to a method which is in
          > defined(written/implementation) in other file and which is called in
          > current file.

          Place your cursor on the name of the function and press 'ctrl-]'. Or
          type ':tag name_of_your_function<Enter>'.

          HTH,

          --
          JR