Re: False indentations...

  • Ben Schmidt
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 30, 2011
      On 30/04/11 5:14 PM, meino.cramer@... wrote:
      > Hi,
      >
      > when writing simple ASCII texts there are sometimes
      > false indentations (as simulated starting with
      > this line). I dont know, whethere a wrongly
      > loaded script, a wrong option setting or what
      > else is the reason for this. Is there any
      > way (oops! This line was idented by the
      > "false indentation"-effect and not intentionall
      > by me) to check, what plugin touches a certain
      > line or initiated a certain effect/modification
      > of a line of text?

      Looks like you have 'cindent' or 'smartindent' turned on and you don't
      want it. It's indenting like for code: unclosed parentheses get an
      indent, as do keywords such as else if there's not braces or a
      semicolon.

      :verbose set cindent? smartindent?
      :set nocindent nosmartindent

      (Of course, 'autoindent' is also relevant, but you perhaps want that.)

      Ben.