vim doesn't find files when compiling under scons

  • Geoffrey Irving
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1, 2011
      Hello,

      I am using scons inside vim via makeprg, and have an issue with vim
      not finding files during quickfix. Specifically, say the project root
      is ~/root and file ~/root/a/b.cpp is broken. Running scons produces
      the error message

      a/b.cpp|1607| instantiated from here

      If I open vim from inside ~/root/a (or a different directory), typing
      :cn to jump to that error doesn't open b.cpp. This is true even if
      path includes ~/root (path as in ":set path=...").

      How can I teach vim to search for files underneath ~/root?

      Thanks!
      Geoffrey