Re: How to use color to search

  • David Ohlemacher
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 1, 2011
      I don't know what your *nix background is, but if you haven't looked at them, check out grep, sed, and/or awk.  One reason is that you said "files".   With sed/awk you could process all your files and generate arbitrarily "nice" report(s) of just what you are looking for and do it for entire directories of files all at once.  I love vim, but in this case, I would use vim to review those reports.

      -d