Re: extending syntax

  • Charles Campbell
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 1, 2011
      Robert wrote:
      > HTML5 is "coming". It really just adds some nifty stuff to HTML. How
      > do I use the current HTML syntax file in a new HTML5 syntax file?

      Hello,

      May I suggest that you look into what syntax/cpp.vim does to include
      syntax/c.vim. If there are incompatibilities or unsupported
      "deprecated" syntax, then you may need to modify html.vim in html5.vim
      manually.

      Regards,
      Chip Campbell

    • Ben Fritz
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 1, 2011
        On Apr 1, 9:31 am, Charles Campbell <Charles.E.Campb...@...>
        wrote:
        > Robert wrote:
        > > HTML5 is "coming". It really just adds some nifty stuff to HTML. How
        > > do I use the current HTML syntax file in a new HTML5 syntax file?
        >
        > Hello,
        >
        > May I suggest that you look into what syntax/cpp.vim does to include
        > syntax/c.vim.  If there are incompatibilities or unsupported
        > "deprecated" syntax, then you may need to modify html.vim in html5.vim
        > manually.

        For that matter, CSS 3.0 is getting increasing support. Probably HTML
        and CSS syntax files as well as filetype plugins/omnicomplete
        functions will all need updates.