extending syntax

  • Robert
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 1, 2011
      HTML5 is "coming". It really just adds some nifty stuff to HTML. How
      do I use the current HTML syntax file in a new HTML5 syntax file?

    • Charles Campbell
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 1, 2011
        Robert wrote:
        > HTML5 is "coming". It really just adds some nifty stuff to HTML. How
        > do I use the current HTML syntax file in a new HTML5 syntax file?

        Hello,

        May I suggest that you look into what syntax/cpp.vim does to include
        syntax/c.vim. If there are incompatibilities or unsupported
        "deprecated" syntax, then you may need to modify html.vim in html5.vim
        manually.

        Regards,
        Chip Campbell

      • Ben Fritz
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 1, 2011
          On Apr 1, 9:31 am, Charles Campbell <Charles.E.Campb...@...>
          wrote:
          > Robert wrote:
          > > HTML5 is "coming". It really just adds some nifty stuff to HTML. How
          > > do I use the current HTML syntax file in a new HTML5 syntax file?
          >
          > Hello,
          >
          > May I suggest that you look into what syntax/cpp.vim does to include
          > syntax/c.vim.  If there are incompatibilities or unsupported
          > "deprecated" syntax, then you may need to modify html.vim in html5.vim
          > manually.

          For that matter, CSS 3.0 is getting increasing support. Probably HTML
          and CSS syntax files as well as filetype plugins/omnicomplete
          functions will all need updates.