Re: How to git correctly...?

    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 30, 2011
      On 31/03/11 05:10, meino.cramer@... wrote:
      > Ivan Sichmann Freitas<ivansichfreitas@...> [11-03-31 05:04]:
      >>> What are the two commands needed for hq/mercurial to do the two
      >>> tasks correctly?
      >>
      >> The detailed explanation can be found here: http://www.vim.org/mercurial.php
      >>
      >> In resume, you could use:
      >>
      >> hg clone https://vim.googlecode.com/hg/ vim
      >>
      >> For updating:
      >>
      >> hg pull
      >> hg update
      >>
      >> Then follow the normal building instructions.
      >>
      >> --
      >> Ivan Sichmann Freitas
      >> GNU/Linux user #509059
      >

      > Hi Ivan!
      >
      > Thanks a lot ! :) :) :)
      >
      > Best regards
      > mcc

      I seem to have come to this thread after most had been said; but you
      might still be interested in
      http://vim.wikia.com/wiki/Getting_the_Vim_source_with_Mercurial
      and for Unix-like OSes
      http://users.skynet.be/antoine.mechelynck/vim/compunix.htm

      For Windows there is also a compile.htm in the same directory as
      compunix.htm but now that "Vim without Cream" distributions are
      available with very little lag after each new official patch, most users
      won't need to compile Vim on Windows.