Re: problem with Key mapping of Ctrl - End.

    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 30, 2011
      On 31/03/11 02:45, shuda Li wrote:
      > Hi, all,
      >
      > I try to map the Ctrl - End to move the cursor to the end of file:
      >
      > map<C-End> :$<RC>
      >
      > However the line has no effect at all.
      > I checked
      >
      > :map<C-End>
      >
      > and it returns<C-End> mapped to :$<RC>
      >
      > I'm wondering anyone has any clues about what causes the problem.
      >
      > Cheers!

      Maybe your terminal or keyboard driver doesn't pass the Ctrl-End code as
      something that Vim can recognise?

      In Insert mode, and with 'showcmd' on, try hitting Ctrl-V (or Ctrl-Q if
      your Vim uses Ctrl-V to paste) followed by Ctrl-End. You'll see one of
      the following:

      1) Nothing (the ^V remains at bottom right)
      -- Meaning: the Ctrl-End keystroke is not transmitted to Vim at all.

      2) (in gvim) <End>
      -- Meaning: the Ctrl-End keystroke is transmitted to gvim as if it were
      plain <End>

      3) (in console Vim) some garbage-looking characters
      -- Hit <Enter>, then Ctrl-V (or Ctrl-Q if...) followed by just <End>
      -- If you see the *exact same* garbage-looking characters, then Vim
      cannot tell <End> and <C-End> apart because it gets the same byte codes
      for both.

      (in my Console Vim I see
      ^[[1;5F
      for Ctrl-End and
      ^[0F
      for plain <End>).

      4) Something else
      -- Maybe you can determine the meaning yourself, possibly with the help of
      :help terminal-options
      :set termcap

      How wonderful opera would be if there were no singers.