Re: python time.strptime: _strptime not found

  • AK
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 28, 2011
      On 01/18/2011 03:26 PM, AK wrote:
      > I'm having a strange intermittent problem with vim7.3's python
      > on Ubuntu 10.04. When I start it up, my script that uses
      > time.strptime works just fine. However, after a few hours,
      > for no discernible reason, it stops working and time.strptime
      > complains that _strptime is not found. After a vim restart,
      > it works fine again. This only started happening after, I guess,
      > automatic ubuntu update in the last couple of days.
      >
      > Any clue will be happily appreciated. -ak

      I'm still having the same problem intermittently, about once
      or twice a day although sometimes I can go a few days without
      this issue. After a restart (from a saved session or full
      restart), things work fine again. Has anyone else ran into
      this issue?

      I'm not sure I was very clear in the original post, I'm
      using vim python script in this manner:

      :au BufNewFile,BufRead *.trak nnoremap <buffer> <CR> :call
      Trak("start_stop")<CR>

      function! Trak(...)
      :pyfile ~/.vim/python/trak.py
      endfu

      and in that script:

      from vim import *

      def start_stop(): ...

      if __name__ == "__main__":
      cmd = exist_eval("a:1")
      if cmd: globals()[cmd]()

      The error I get is the standard python error when a module can't be
      imported, which means python sys.path gets messed up somehow. I don't
      have it copied since I always forget how to yank from vim message area..
      but I can copy it and post here if that's important.

      Does anyone have any hints/suggestions? I don't know how to approach
      this and it's very annoying when it happens.

      Thanks! - Rainyday