Re: Missing output from echo command ?

  • Ben Schmidt
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 28, 2011
      On 29/03/11 3:31 AM, Rostyslaw Lewyckyj wrote:
      > Yesterday Ben Schmidt <mail_ben_schmidt@...> wrote:
      > > Can you try to make a small test case with a particular file
      > > and exact steps which can be followed to demonstrate the problem?
      >
      > Here is a test file and test instructions.
      > I am including the file in-line between lines of =============
      > delimiters.
      >
      > After you extract the test file, you need to clean it up, as the mails
      > modify some content.
      > 1. You need to remove the ' ' blank inserted in each 'From - ...'
      > line. :g/^ From - /s/^ // should take care of that.
      > 2. You need to remove the null lines inserted right after the
      > :g/^X-Mozilla-Keys: / .+1d should take care of that.
      >
      > Now you should be ready to test.
      > I am on an Intel cpu, MS WIN 7 x 64 ultimate system, with (SP1).
      > My VIM is an unmodified installation of 7.3 as downloaded from vim.org.
      > I have stored the test file as t13.txt on my desktop
      > I start the edit by right clicking on the t13.txt icon and selecting
      > edit with vim.
      > 1. :set number
      > 2. :set so=999
      > 3. :hi Visual guibg=#bbbbbb
      > 4. :1
      > 5. : let ln = 999 | echo ln | let ln = search('^From - ','W') | echo ln
      > As outcome I get:
      > 999
      > 2
      > and the cursor moves to line 2
      > 6. Repeat step 5 by pressing : up-arrow and enter.
      > As outcome I get:
      > the cursor moves to line 69
      > (???). I expected.
      > 999
      > 69
      > and the cursor to move to line 69
      > 7. Repeat step 6. and keep repeating.

      I can't reproduce the problem.

      When I do the above I land on lines 2, 69, 100, 123 and 157. Each time, I see 999
      echoed, followed by the line number the cursor has moved to. When executing on
      line 157, I see 999 0 and the cursor does not move.

      My Vim is 7.3.99, and I am on Mac OS X 10.6.6.

      Can anyone else reproduce this? Is any recent patch relevant? I had a very quick
      look and it didn't seem so to me.

      Ben.