search highlight whole word

  • Yuliang Wang
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 2, 2011
      Dear Fellows,

      If the hlsearch is set, then all instances are highlighted, but we need to unset it every time when the search is finished. If hlsearch is not set, then only the first character of the word is highlighted, so that it is hard to see where is the word. Is there an option that the current whole word is highlighted?

      --
      Yuliang

    • jason
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 4, 2011
        I bind key <leader><cr> to :set nohl.
        So when I finish searching, type these key to disable highlight.

        On 3/3/11, Yuliang Wang <jadelightking@...> wrote:
        > Dear Fellows,
        >
        > If the hlsearch is set, then all instances are highlighted, but we need to
        > unset it every time when the search is finished. If hlsearch is not set,
        > then only the first character of the word is highlighted, so that it is hard
        > to see where is the word. Is there an option that the current whole word is
        > highlighted?
        >
        > --
        > *Yuliang*

        Sent from my mobile device