Gnu Globals Help needed, headers are in different folder

  • kuru
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 2, 2011
      Hi
      I know this is not a Gnu Globals forum but I am sure that there are
      Gnu Globals users amoung Vim users. I have been trying to setup Gnu
      Globals with Vim. I have gone through the Gnu globals documentation
      whcih is pretty good, seems to explain most of the stuff. There is one
      thing I cannot figure out is the way to setup that works with my
      current environment.

      Here is how my setup is

      source files
      ---c:\dev\project\mysources

      headers
      ---c:\dev\app\include
      ---c:\dev\sdk\include

      headers
      ---c:\mingw\include

      tags(ctags, cscope etc)( I would like to put my globals tags here as
      well)
      ---c:\_tags

      I have Env Variables defined like "$DEV" for "c:\dev" etc This setup
      works great between Windows, Linux and Wine. I am sharing the
      same .vimrc and vim plugins among these platforms.

      So I would like to create tags for my projects, I also would like my
      tags to be in one folder(under _tags), and I would like to be able to
      find the files via globals.

      Basically nothing is in the same folder. The sources, the headers and
      the tags are in different folders. I am using C at the moment.

      I would appreciate if someone can show me how to set this kind of
      environment where I can utilize Gnu Globals

      I tried the Gnu Globals env variables mentioned in the documents but
      for some reason I did nto get them to work. I am sure I am setting
      them in the wrong way.

      thanks