Folded code indicator

  • Marin van Beek
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 2, 2011
      Dear Vim users,

      I'm trying to use code folding in Python, but it clutters my screen a bit.

      I'm using the desert colorscheme and the background color of the lines
      that replace the folded code is not the same as the rest of the file.
      I'd like to change this so that all the lines of code (including the
      folded ones) have the default background color defined in the desert
      colorscheme.

      A screenshot of the current situation can be found at
      http://student.science.uva.nl/~mjvbeek/code_folding.png.

      Thanks in advance.

      Best Regards,
      Marin van Beek.

    • Ben Schmidt
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 2, 2011
        On 2/03/11 7:41 PM, Marin van Beek wrote:
        > I'm trying to use code folding in Python, but it clutters my screen a bit.
        >
        > I'm using the desert colorscheme and the background color of the lines
        > that replace the folded code is not the same as the rest of the file.
        > I'd like to change this so that all the lines of code (including the
        > folded ones) have the default background color defined in the desert
        > colorscheme.

        Try putting

        :hi Folded guibg=bg

        after your :colorscheme command in your .vimrc or .gvimrc.

        Ben.

      • Marin van Beek
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 2, 2011
          >> I'm trying to use code folding in Python, but it clutters my screen a bit.
          >>
          >> I'm using the desert colorscheme and the background color of the lines
          >> that replace the folded code is not the same as the rest of the file.
          >> I'd like to change this so that all the lines of code (including the
          >> folded ones) have the default background color defined in the desert
          >> colorscheme.
          >
          > Try putting
          >
          > :hi Folded guibg=bg
          >
          > after your :colorscheme command in your .vimrc or .gvimrc.
          >
          > Ben.

          Thanks a bunch, that did it!

          Ended up also adding:

          :hi Folded guifg=grey50

          to get rid of the ugly yellow color (now the dark grey blends in with
          the background).

          Marin.