Re: How to jump to position where last change was made after moving to another file?

  • Marc Weber
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 1, 2011
      Excerpts from robert song's message of Wed Mar 02 07:03:34 +0000 2011:
      > For example, I use cscope and jump to the definition of one variable,
      > but if I want to return beck to previous place I modified, I should
      > use ctrl+o and '. , is there any way to jump directly?

      there is also c-^ or :b #
      no. But you can use auto commands (leave insert mode) to create your own
      jump list.

      Marc Weber

    • Christian Brabandt
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 1, 2011
        On Wed, March 2, 2011 8:03 am, robert song wrote:
        > In one file, we can use '. to jump to the position where the last
        > change was made.
        >
        > But if we jump to another file, it can not be used and vim said that
        > mark is not set.
        >
        > For example, I use cscope and jump to the definition of one variable,
        > but if I want to return beck to previous place I modified, I should
        > use ctrl+o and '. , is there any way to jump directly?

        I don't think so. You could always map both commands to e.g. <f7> or so.

        regards,
        Christian

      • robert song
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 2, 2011
          On 3/2/11, Marc Weber <marco-oweber@...> wrote:
          > Excerpts from robert song's message of Wed Mar 02 07:03:34 +0000 2011:
          >> For example, I use cscope and jump to the definition of one variable,
          >> but if I want to return beck to previous place I modified, I should
          >> use ctrl+o and '. , is there any way to jump directly?
          >
          > there is also c-^ or :b #
          > no. But you can use auto commands (leave insert mode) to create your own
          > jump list.

          thank you very much,
          I can also use mA to mark the modified place, and then jump to the
          place by 'A.

          Regards,
          robert