Re: Window resizing

  • David Kahn
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 1, 2011
      On Sat, Feb 26, 2011 at 6:24 PM, AK <andrei.avk@...> wrote:
      On 02/26/2011 07:13 PM, David Kahn wrote:
      I am having some trouble following (or getting the expected result)
      following the documentation in resizing a window:

      :res[ize] -N                    *:res* *:resize* *CTRL-W_-*
      CTRL-W -    Decrease current window height by N (default 1).
              If used after |:vertical|: decrease width by N.

      :res[ize] +N                    *CTRL-W_+*
      CTRL-W +    Increase current window height by N (default 1).
              If used after |:vertical|: increase width by N.

      I can use :res [+/-] N fine. But I cant get the ctrl w + and ctrl w - to
      work. I am on a macbook and using the + and - keys to the left of the
      delete key (so I have to press shift additionally to get the + key).
      Does anyone use this successfully? I guess I could map :res +1 and :res
      - 1 to a function key....

      I don't have a mac but I think this is the type of action that
      should be mapped either to f-key or alt- or ctrl- combo because
      you will often want to change win size by 10 or more lines,
      and it's far easier to do when you can hold a modifier key
      and keep hitting the shortcut, or even holding it for large
      resizes.

       -Rainyday

      Thanks to everyone... I ended up mapping :res +5 and :res -5 to function keys... on the mac the only thing was to turn off all those default uses of the function keys that I never really use but interfere with vim. One step closer to mouseless!