Re: [bug] vim incorrectly highlights words such as "L'Italie" as mistake with French spelling checker (same bug with Italian spelling checker)

  • Bram Moolenaar
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 27, 2011
      Dominique Pelle wrote:

      > French spelling checker of Vim-7.3.135 incorrectly highlights "L'Italie"
      > as a mistake at the beginning of a sentence such as:
      >
      > L'Italie est un pays européen. [fr]
      >
      > Pressing z= suggests "l'Italie" but that's incorrect at the beginning
      > of the sentence.
      >
      > It is a systematic problem with all words starting with L'+Uppercase
      > such as: L'Amérique, L'Angleterre, etc.
      >
      > ":spelldump" shows words such as:
      >
      > l'Amérique
      > l'Angleterre
      > l'Italie
      >
      > I see the same problem with the Italian spelling checker: "L'Italia"
      > is incorrectly marked as a mistake in a correct sentence such as:
      >
      > L'Italia è un Paese europeo. [it]
      >
      > I suspect that the problem comes from Vim rather than from the
      > the French or Italian myspell files:
      >
      > vim/runtime/spell/it/it_IT.dic contains:
      >
      > Italia/TUqrs
      >
      > vim/runtime/spell/it/it_IT.aff contains:
      >
      > MIDWORD '
      >
      > ...snip...
      >
      > PFX T 0 l' [aeiouhAEIOUH]
      > PFX T a l'A a
      > PFX T e l'E e
      > PFX T i l'I i
      > PFX T o l'O o
      > PFX T u l'U u
      > PFX T h l'H h

      I vagueally recall doing something for this. In Dutch it's slightly
      different. This may require a flag in the .aff file to tell the spell
      checker what the rule is at the start of the sentence for letters with a
      single quote.

      --
      ARTHUR: Will you ask your master if he wants to join my court at Camelot?!
      GUARD #1: But then of course African swallows are not migratory.