Re: Is it possible to automatically identify the current line with [I?

  • Michael(Xi Zhang)
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 25, 2011
      On Fri, Feb 25, 2011 at 4:53 PM, Shawn Young <spacephys@...> wrote:
      On Fri, Feb 25, 2011 at 12:44 PM, Michael(Xi Zhang)

      >> --
      >> Shawn Young
      >
      > You can try  :vimgrep /<C-R><C-W>/j %<cr>
      > The command will search the word under the cursor in current file(% -
      > current file). The results are in quickfix window. If you don't use the
      > option 'j', it will jump to the first search result.
      >
      > Then you need use :cw<cr> to open the quickfix window.
      >
      > Or you can combine the two command together:  :vimgrep /<C-R><C-W>/j %<cr>
      > \| :cw <cr>

      Thanks Michael,

      I have not tried to put this in my .vimrc yet, but in doing it
      manually I don't see anything that indicates which line my cursor is
      on.  What should I see?

      -shawn
      > Or map the command to shortcut, for example:
      > map  <F6>   <Esc>:vimgrep /<C-R><C-W>/j %<cr> \| :cw<cr>
      >
      > Check out
      > :help vimgrep
      >
      > Michael

      Yes, this method doesn't mark the current line in the search result.
      Anyway, you can see your current line in the window, and all the results in quickfix window.

      :cw will open a window under the window you are working, you can use height to set the quickfix window's height, such as :cw8 will open the quickfix window with 8 lines.

      check out
      :help :cw