Re: A short question about gVim

  • Raúl Núñez de Arenas Coronado
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 1, 2011
      Hi Tony :)

      2011/2/1 Tony Mechelynck <antoine.mechelynck@...>:
      > On 01/02/11 11:27, Raúl Núñez de Arenas Coronado wrote:
      >> I'm lost in Windows, I must confess...
      >
      > The "unofficial reference" for Vim on Windows is the "Vim without Cream"
      > distribution, downloadable from http://sourceforge.net/projects/cream/files/
      > (click "Vim") and maintained by Steve Hall;

      THANKS! Looks like it is *exactly* what I need :) I thought that Steve
      only maintained the Cream version, so I didn't even look at it.

      > Or you could, of course, compile your own version, keeping the sources
      > up-to-date with Mercurial or TortoiseHg (which is a GUI interface to
      > Mercurial for use on Windows), then following
      > http://users.skynet.be/antoine.mechelynck/vim/compile.htm -- but considering
      > Steve's excellent distribution, this is only necessary if you want a
      > different (probably smaller) featureset than the one he chose to include.

      I was tempted to build my own version, as I do on Ubuntu, but setting
      up a building environment in Windows is much more time-consuming than
      doing the same in Ubuntu (where "time" is almost-zero). It is just not
      worth the pain, and the precompiled version will work for me, I'm
      sure.

      Thanks a lot, Tony, you saved me a ton of time :)

      --
      Raúl Núñez de Arenas Coronado