Re: vimscript syntax problem

  • H Xu
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 1, 2011
      On 2011/2/1 15:50, Christian Brabandt wrote:
      > On Mon, January 31, 2011 6:20 pm, H Xu wrote:
      >> Hello everybody,
      >>
      >> In a vimscript file, parentheses across multi lines is highlighted as
      >> errors, which is shown in the attachment. Is there any way to fix this?
      >>
      >> Thanks.
      >
      > This was recently discussed here. See the thread starting at
      > http://groups.google.com/group/vim_use/browse_frm/thread/b7a3187fee6932e8/c1d090858eaaea64?#c1d090858eaaea64
      >
      > regards,
      > Christian

      Hello Christian Brabandt,

      Thanks.

      Regards,
      Hong Xu
      2011/2/1

    • Charles E Campbell Jr
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 1, 2011
        H Xu wrote:
        > On 2011/2/1 15:50, Christian Brabandt wrote:
        >> On Mon, January 31, 2011 6:20 pm, H Xu wrote:
        >>> Hello everybody,
        >>>
        >>> In a vimscript file, parentheses across multi lines is highlighted as
        >>> errors, which is shown in the attachment. Is there any way to fix this?
        >>>
        >>> Thanks.
        >>
        >> This was recently discussed here. See the thread starting at
        >> http://groups.google.com/group/vim_use/browse_frm/thread/b7a3187fee6932e8/c1d090858eaaea64?#c1d090858eaaea64

        As a further note: a while back I suggested an addition to the syntax
        support in vim, that it provide something like

        syntax [HLGroup] eolcontinue '\\'
        syntax [HLGroup] bolcontinue '^\s*\\'

        (eolcontinue == end-of-line continue, bolcontinue == beginning-of-line
        continue)

        and then the syntax engine would presumably just glide over such
        continuation patterns, thereby avoiding a lot of effort to handle such
        things everywhere in a syntax file.

        Regards,
        Chip Campbell