for list

  • Hofmann, Joachim
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 1, 2011
      Hello,

      How is the syntax to a for list with constants

      e.g.

      let mydb = "db1 db2 db3"
      for db in mydb
      source db.dict
      end

      Thank You
      Joachim

    • Tim Chase
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 1, 2011
        > How is the syntax to a for list with constants
        >
        > e.g.
        >
        > let mydb = "db1 db2 db3"
        > for db in mydb
        > source db.dict
        > end

        I think you're looking for list literals:

        for db in ['db1', 'db2', 'db3']
        exec 'source ' . db . '.dict'
        endfor

        -tim

      • Israel Chauca F.
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 1, 2011
          On Feb 1, 2011, at 5:33 AM, Hofmann, Joachim wrote:

          > Hello,
          >
          > How is the syntax to a for list with constants
          >
          > e.g.
          >
          > let mydb = "db1 db2 db3"
          > for db in mydb
          > source db.dict
          > end

          let mydb = "db1 db2 2b3"
          for db in split(mydb)
          exec 'source '.db.'.dict'
          end

          I'm not sure what your db.dict is, but what I wrote would source db1.dict, db2.dict and db3.dict.

          Israel

        • Hofmann, Joachim
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 2, 2011

            > On Feb 1, 2011, at 5:33 AM, Hofmann, Joachim wrote:
            >
            > > Hello,
            > >
            > > How is the syntax to a for list with constants
            > >
            > > e.g.
            > >
            > > let mydb = "db1 db2 db3"
            > > for db in mydb
            > > source db.dict
            > > end
            >

            > let mydb = "db1 db2 2b3"
            > for db in split(mydb)
            > exec 'source '.db.'.dict'
            > end
            >
            > I'm not sure what your db.dict is, but what I wrote would source
            > db1.dict, db2.dict and db3.dict.
            >
            > Israel

            Yes thank you, I understood the for in list-syntax.
            That's what I have now:

            se ic
            let alledbs = ['bpms_mandant', 'bpms_regio', 'bpms_stamm', 'iccs_cbcs_gas_telda', 'iccs_cbcs_stm', 'iccs_cbcs_telda', 'iccs_crm_gas_telda', 'iccs_crm_stm', 'iccs_crm_telda', 'iccs_master_stm', 'iccs_master_telda', 'regio']
            for db in alledbs
            if search('use ' . db, "w") > 0
            echo db . ' found
            else
            echo 'not found'
            endif
            endfor

            What I want at last is:
            Every database db has its own dictionary file.
            Vim should add dict files corresponding to the found USE Databasefoo - line in the buffer.
            e.g. if there is a "USE BPMS_Mandant" in the buffer it indicates the vim should add the dictionary file "BPMS_Mandant.txt" to the dict-option
            And so on.
            If there is no match at all, vim should add all files to the dict-option.

            - Joachkim