Re: vimscript syntax problem

  • Christian Brabandt
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 31, 2011
      On Mon, January 31, 2011 6:20 pm, H Xu wrote:
      > Hello everybody,
      >
      > In a vimscript file, parentheses across multi lines is highlighted as
      > errors, which is shown in the attachment. Is there any way to fix this?
      >
      > Thanks.

      This was recently discussed here. See the thread starting at
      http://groups.google.com/group/vim_use/browse_frm/thread/b7a3187fee6932e8/c1d090858eaaea64?#c1d090858eaaea64

      regards,
      Christian

    • H Xu
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 1, 2011
        On 2011/2/1 15:50, Christian Brabandt wrote:
        > On Mon, January 31, 2011 6:20 pm, H Xu wrote:
        >> Hello everybody,
        >>
        >> In a vimscript file, parentheses across multi lines is highlighted as
        >> errors, which is shown in the attachment. Is there any way to fix this?
        >>
        >> Thanks.
        >
        > This was recently discussed here. See the thread starting at
        > http://groups.google.com/group/vim_use/browse_frm/thread/b7a3187fee6932e8/c1d090858eaaea64?#c1d090858eaaea64
        >
        > regards,
        > Christian

        Hello Christian Brabandt,

        Thanks.

        Regards,
        Hong Xu
        2011/2/1

      • Charles E Campbell Jr
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 1, 2011
          H Xu wrote:
          > On 2011/2/1 15:50, Christian Brabandt wrote:
          >> On Mon, January 31, 2011 6:20 pm, H Xu wrote:
          >>> Hello everybody,
          >>>
          >>> In a vimscript file, parentheses across multi lines is highlighted as
          >>> errors, which is shown in the attachment. Is there any way to fix this?
          >>>
          >>> Thanks.
          >>
          >> This was recently discussed here. See the thread starting at
          >> http://groups.google.com/group/vim_use/browse_frm/thread/b7a3187fee6932e8/c1d090858eaaea64?#c1d090858eaaea64

          As a further note: a while back I suggested an addition to the syntax
          support in vim, that it provide something like

          syntax [HLGroup] eolcontinue '\\'
          syntax [HLGroup] bolcontinue '^\s*\\'

          (eolcontinue == end-of-line continue, bolcontinue == beginning-of-line
          continue)

          and then the syntax engine would presumably just glide over such
          continuation patterns, thereby avoiding a lot of effort to handle such
          things everywhere in a syntax file.

          Regards,
          Chip Campbell