vimscript syntax problem

  • H Xu
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 31, 2011
      Hello everybody,

      In a vimscript file, parentheses across multi lines is highlighted as
      errors, which is shown in the attachment. Is there any way to fix this?

      Thanks.

      Regards,
      H Xu
      2011/1/31

    • Christian Brabandt
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 31, 2011
        On Mon, January 31, 2011 6:20 pm, H Xu wrote:
        > Hello everybody,
        >
        > In a vimscript file, parentheses across multi lines is highlighted as
        > errors, which is shown in the attachment. Is there any way to fix this?
        >
        > Thanks.

        This was recently discussed here. See the thread starting at
        http://groups.google.com/group/vim_use/browse_frm/thread/b7a3187fee6932e8/c1d090858eaaea64?#c1d090858eaaea64

        regards,
        Christian

      • H Xu
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 1, 2011
          On 2011/2/1 15:50, Christian Brabandt wrote:
          > On Mon, January 31, 2011 6:20 pm, H Xu wrote:
          >> Hello everybody,
          >>
          >> In a vimscript file, parentheses across multi lines is highlighted as
          >> errors, which is shown in the attachment. Is there any way to fix this?
          >>
          >> Thanks.
          >
          > This was recently discussed here. See the thread starting at
          > http://groups.google.com/group/vim_use/browse_frm/thread/b7a3187fee6932e8/c1d090858eaaea64?#c1d090858eaaea64
          >
          > regards,
          > Christian

          Hello Christian Brabandt,

          Thanks.

          Regards,
          Hong Xu
          2011/2/1

        • Charles E Campbell Jr
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 1, 2011
            H Xu wrote:
            > On 2011/2/1 15:50, Christian Brabandt wrote:
            >> On Mon, January 31, 2011 6:20 pm, H Xu wrote:
            >>> Hello everybody,
            >>>
            >>> In a vimscript file, parentheses across multi lines is highlighted as
            >>> errors, which is shown in the attachment. Is there any way to fix this?
            >>>
            >>> Thanks.
            >>
            >> This was recently discussed here. See the thread starting at
            >> http://groups.google.com/group/vim_use/browse_frm/thread/b7a3187fee6932e8/c1d090858eaaea64?#c1d090858eaaea64

            As a further note: a while back I suggested an addition to the syntax
            support in vim, that it provide something like

            syntax [HLGroup] eolcontinue '\\'
            syntax [HLGroup] bolcontinue '^\s*\\'

            (eolcontinue == end-of-line continue, bolcontinue == beginning-of-line
            continue)

            and then the syntax engine would presumably just glide over such
            continuation patterns, thereby avoiding a lot of effort to handle such
            things everywhere in a syntax file.

            Regards,
            Chip Campbell