Re: vim --remote over ssh -X

  • Simon Ruderich
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 3, 2011
      On Mon, Jan 03, 2011 at 01:02:20PM +0100, Bastian Venthur wrote:
      > [snip]
      >
      > Yeah, I know. I just happen to find it more convenient to browse the FS
      > with my shell and open files with gvim --remote as needed. The question
      >
      > [snip]

      Hi Bastian,

      I can recommend sshfs. It uses FUSE and lets you mount the remote
      directory locally thus you can use your shell as usual and Vim on
      the local system.

      If you need to run commands directly on the remote system that
      won't work of course (because all commands are run on your local
      system, just on the remote filesystem) but for that case you can
      use a ssh session and switch between it (for example with GNU
      screen or tmux).

      Regards,
      Simon
      --