Re: Wanted: vimrc file that sources modules

    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 1, 2011
      On 29/12/10 04:22, tux. wrote:
      > Larry Alkoff schrob am 29.12.2010 03:40:
      >
      >> It explained the use of various modules to organize and set options like
      >> colors and other settings. When vim started, the modules would be sourced.
      >
      > Some discussion about that:
      > http://www.mail-archive.com/vim_use@.../msg04360.html
      >
      > As a general rule, anything you :source in your .vimrc file will be
      > sourced on Vim startup. I use that to separate my Vim settings from my
      > Vim plug-in settings:
      >
      > https://github.com/dertuxmalwieder/My-Vim-configuration/blob/master/.vimrc

      Also,

      - anything in the plugin/ subdirectory to any directory named in the
      'runtimepath' option will be sourced at the end of startup
      - There are other commands which can source user-written files: see
      among others
      :help :runtime
      :help :colorscheme
      :help 'runtimepath'

      For instance, my vimrc contains

      runtime vimrc_example.vim

      not far from its top, and

      colorscheme almost-default

      somewhat further down. ~/.vim/colors/almost-default.vim is a colorscheme
      I wrote myself; $VIMRUNTIME/vimrc_example.vim is the "example vimrc",
      which I source rather than copy (so I always use the latest version,
      even after an update), then I override any settings that are not what I
      prefer.

      Then I enable the matchit plugin by means of a home-written plugin,
      $VIM/vimfiles/plugin/matchit.vim containing only the line

      runtime macros/matchit.vim

      Quick, sing me the BUDAPEST NATIONAL ANTHEM!!