Re: How to get a nice vertical list of open buffers (ordered by mru) that I can easily navigate to by typing drill down?

  • Britton Kerin
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 31, 2010
      On Sun, Dec 26, 2010 at 7:34 PM, Rick R <rickcr@...> wrote:
      > I'm having trouble finding what I use in my Java IDEs all the time:
      >
      > - A quick popup of my open buffers listed by most recently used and can be
      > cut back by me just starting to type the name of the file, or I can navigate
      > by arrows to the file I want
      >
      > How do I get this behavior in vim? The closest I've come is wildMenu but
      > that's really lame when you have a ton of buffers open - since it lists them
      > horizontally and most will just say "unamed" until you tab to them.
      >
      > I use Command-T all the time which I love but that's for all files in my
      > project whether the file is an open buffer or not. Sometimes I like to view
      > and switch easily between only my current buffers.
      >
      > The regular most recently used plugin "mru" is nice but that ends up
      > including global files used from any vim session (which isn't what I want in
      > this case when working on a project.)
      >
      > Do I need to try the bufmru or lustyExplorer plugins?

      I like FuzzyFinder (FufBuffer of FufMruFile is about what you want).
      Has a nice fuzzy interface (auto-regex or not to user taste), can find
      lots of things besides buffers (files, tags, etc.) with
      uniform-as-possible interface and you can easily write callbacks to
      find whatever you want. Super nice.

      Britton