How to use a filetype filter(s) with browse

  • Tim Johnson
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 31, 2010
      Using vim 7.2 on ubuntu 10.04. Huge version compiled for gtk.

      I have automated a series of menu items that activates `browse' for
      different directories.
      The process is governed by a menu selection that allows me to set a
      series of variables called g:ModelFolder, g:ControllerFolder etc...
      Upon another menu selection, the variables are selectively
      concatenated to a string that resolves to something like

      browse confirm e /home/tim/prj/cgi/baker/akmls

      Now, it would be great to add a filetype filter so that
      I would have something like

      browse confirm e /home/tim/prj/cgi/baker/akmls *.py

      Better yet, to have multiple filetypes.. but setting
      let g:browsefilter="*.py" doesn't have the expected effect,
      I.E. after executing, I still see all directory files in the dialogue.

      How can I make this happen?
      thanks
      --
      Tim
      tim at johnsons-web.com or akwebsoft.com

    • Patrick Texier
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 1, 2011
        On Fri, 31 Dec 2010 15:14:11 -0900, Tim Johnson wrote:

        > let g:browsefilter="*.py" doesn't have the expected effect,
        > I.E. after executing, I still see all directory files in the dialogue.
        >
        > How can I make this happen?

        According :help browsefilter it's only for Windows and Motif.

        In ftplugin directory, browsefilter is set only for Windows.
        --
        Patrick Texier

      • Tim Johnson
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 1, 2011
          * Patrick Texier <p.texier@...> [110101 00:23]:
          > On Fri, 31 Dec 2010 15:14:11 -0900, Tim Johnson wrote:
          >
          > > let g:browsefilter="*.py" doesn't have the expected effect,
          > > I.E. after executing, I still see all directory files in the dialogue.
          > >
          > > How can I make this happen?
          >
          > According :help browsefilter it's only for Windows and Motif.
          >
          > In ftplugin directory, browsefilter is set only for Windows.
          <sigh>For once I *did* read the docs correctly. Hoped
          I had missed something.
          thanks