Re: SQL Syntax Colors for Filename Extension Other Than ".sql"

  • Taylor Hedberg
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 30, 2010
      You could use an autocommand in your .vimrc to set the filetype
      automatically based on the file extension, e.g.:

      au BufNewFile,BufRead *.prc setl ft=sql

    • David Fishburn
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 30, 2010
        Yes that will work.

        A better way to do that is to edit your:
        .vim/filetype.vim
        Or
        Vimfiles\filetype.vim

        And clone an entry that does the same thing as Taylor mentioned in his autocmd. You will see other similar entries.

        HTH
        --
        David Fishburn

        On Dec 30, 2010, at 1:39 PM, Taylor Hedberg <tmhedberg@...> wrote:

        > You could use an autocommand in your .vimrc to set the filetype
        > automatically based on the file extension, e.g.:
        >
        > au BufNewFile,BufRead *.prc setl ft=sql

      • Roy Fulbright
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 30, 2010
          > Yes that will work.
          >
          > A better way to do that is to edit your:
          > .vim/filetype.vim
          > Or
          > Vimfiles\filetype.vim
          >
          > And clone an entry that does the same thing as Taylor mentioned in his autocmd. You will see other similar entries.
          >
          > HTH
          > --
          > David Fishburn
          >
          > On Dec 30, 2010, at 1:39 PM, Taylor Hedberg <tmhedberg@...> wrote:
          >
          > > You could use an autocommand in your .vimrc to set the filetype
          > > automatically based on the file extension, e.g.:
          > >
          > > au BufNewFile,BufRead *.prc setl ft=sql

          Thanks Taylor and David. That's exactly what I had been searching for. Life is good again.  :-)   Smile
          Roy