Re: (g)vim stop work suddenly on Win7

  • Forest Wang
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 30, 2010
      Hi Dennis Benzinger:

      Thanks for your reply, and I just checked, vim 7.3.75 does not have this problem. And actually this problem was introduced by a shortcut which linked to the the gvim.exe located inside vim 7.2's directory. I tried to install a later version (e.g. 7.3.75) of vim without noticed that it has changed to another directory.

      Thanks again for your help
      BR
      Wang, Mengjia

      2010/12/30 Dennis Benzinger <Dennis.Benzinger@...>
      Hello!

      Am 30.12.2010 04:34, schrieb Forest Wang:
      Hi All,

      Recently, I noticed that (g)vim stop work on my Win7 X64 system, may be it
      is caused by certain windows updated patch. So if there is debug enabled
      version for windows, I can have a try to get a trace with gdb.

      [...]

        Application Version:    7.2.269.0
      [...]

      This is quite old. The current version is 7.3.89. Could you please try if the problem exists in the newest version too?

      You can get almost up to date precompiled binaries for Windows from <http://cream.sourceforge.net/download.html>. If you don't want the Cream customizations simply pick the link at the bottom of the list.

      HTH,
      Dennis Benzinger