Using browse command

  • vicky b
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 28, 2010
      Hi all,

         I want to use browse command when i use in GVim when i hit :browse e it opens up the filw browser box what is equivalent in console vim or can it open in a tab list of files in current directory.

      --
      Thanks & Regards
       Vickyb

    • Ben Fritz
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 31, 2010
        On Dec 28, 10:19 pm, vicky b <vickyb2...@...> wrote:
        > Hi all,
        >
        >    I want to use browse command when i use in GVim when i hit :browse e it
        > opens up the filw browser box what is equivalent in console vim or can it
        > open in a tab list of files in current directory.

        Use the netrw file browser plugin distributed with the official Vim
        runtime.

        Explore in the current window with the :Explore command
        Explore in a new split window with the :Sexplore command
        Explore in a new tab with the :Texplore command