Re: Change background colour to specific colour

  • Christian Brabandt
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 1, 2010
      Hi Dotan!

      On Mi, 01 Dez 2010, Dotan Cohen wrote:

      > Assuming a complete beginner (does not know about gui-colors), how
      > would one have come across that? In other words, what docs should I
      > have consulted?

      Vim contains a complete reference manual as well as a users guide. So
      for a beginner I would recommend starting at :h usr_toc.txt[1] which -
      surprisingly - contains the table of contents for the user guide.

      Starting from there, read whatever you find interesting. The user guide
      contains links to the reference manual, so you can dig into there for
      all the glory details. After a while, you'll get a feeling, where you'll
      find something, and even if not, you'll probably find :helpgrep useful.

      The vim help basically contains everything[2]. Use it, it is worth the
      effort and you'll surprised how many useful little tricks you'll learn.

      [1] After you have taken a look at :h to find out how to use the help.
      [2] And if not, that is a bug, that needs to be fixed.

      regards,
      Christian