Re: Another question: forking

  • Ken Arromdee
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 30, 2010
      On Tue, 30 Nov 2010, Gary Johnson wrote:
      >>> Well, it does for most. How are you invoking gvim? I'd suspect an
      >>> alias or script getting in the way.
      >> Try
      >> gvim -u NONE
      >> That'll be a start at tracking down the cause of your difficulty.
      > Also, you may want to use the full path name to gvim (e.g.,
      > /usr/bin/gvim) to avoid local scripts, functions or aliases.

      When I do that, it still doesn't fork (although I can tell I am not getting
      local scripts because the font that is set in my .vimrc is no longer being
      used.)

      I managed to "solve" my problem by downloading gvim 7.3 and using that instead
      of the 7.2.284 that comes with Mandriva. When I download it myself and compile
      it myself, it forks.