Re: Licenses on scripts?

  • Bram Moolenaar
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 30, 2010
      Johannes Hoff wrote:

      > I just got a request from a user of my Arduino syntax file for vim
      > [1]. He asks if I could put a license on it. I'm thinking the MIT
      > license or perhaps creative commons (CC-BY).
      >
      > It's not a big deal for a syntax file of course, but is there any
      > standard for this? Anything I should think of to make sure it can be
      > included in vim proper at some point [2]? I've seen one case of
      > reusing the vim license [3], but it doesn't really seem to fit.

      You can use the Vim license. If you are not happy with that, make sure
      that the lincense you pick is compatible with the Vim license, otherwise
      you would need to dual-license it for distribution with Vim. Note that
      this isn't so easy to verify.

      --
      If you had to identify, in one word, the reason why the
      human race has not achieved, and never will achieve, its