Re: vim text search by autocompletion

  • Paul
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 28, 2010
      On Tue, Nov 23, 2010 at 11:51:17AM -0800, Brett Stahlman wrote:
      >Instead of beginning the search with `/', try `q/', then use CTRL-P
      >and/or CTRL-N instead of <TAB>.

      Hmm, I interpreted Aman's question to mean how to autocomplete on words in the buffer, not on previously entered search terms. So, for example, if I had this message open and I type /auto then <tab> (or ctrl-p/n, etc.) it should put /autocomplete on the search line, without me having searched for 'autocomplete' previously. Is that even possible?

      --

      .