Re: Nice display of leading tabs

  • Brian L. Matthews
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 1, 2010
      On 11/1/10 9:55 AM, Brian L. Matthews wrote:
      > On 11/1/10 9:26 AM, statquant2 wrote:
      >> browsing for a nice theme I found this http://leetless.de/vim.html, I am
      >> intersted to understand how you can have this nice display of
      >> indentation
      >> you can see on any theme of the page.
      >> I browsed the guy .vimrc file but I can't make it work.
      >
      > It's the tab setting in his lcs (aka listchars) setting. I use:
      >
      > set listchars=eol:$,tab:>─,extends:>,precedes:<,nbsp:~$
      >
      > I've also used:
      >
      > set listchars=eol:$,tab:|_,extends:>,precedes:<,nbsp:~$

      Ok, this is what I get for doing things from memory and not testing. :-(
      You have to escape the |:

      set listchars=eol:$,tab:\|_,extends:>,precedes:<,nbsp:~$

      Brian

    • statquant2
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 1, 2010
        not working Brian :(

      • Андрей Хитров
        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 1, 2010
          For tabs and trailing spaces I use those display settings
          along with the theme "desert". To my taste it looks pretty cool,
          at least for development in Python.

          " displaying tab characters and trailing spaces
          " with special characters \u2592\u2591 and \u2593
          set lcs=tab:▒░,trail:▓
          set list