Re: Nice display of leading tabs

  • statquant2
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 1, 2010
      Yes thanks almost there!!!!
      set list listchars=tab:\|-,trail:-,extends:$,nbsp:=
      is doing fine but it is missing to fill the lines without code

      Here is what I get
      |----int test;
      |----int test2;
      //here there should be some |----
      |----int test3;

    • Brian L. Matthews
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 1, 2010
        On 11/1/10 9:26 AM, statquant2 wrote:
        > browsing for a nice theme I found this http://leetless.de/vim.html, I am
        > intersted to understand how you can have this nice display of indentation
        > you can see on any theme of the page.
        > I browsed the guy .vimrc file but I can't make it work.

        It's the tab setting in his lcs (aka listchars) setting. I use:

        set listchars=eol:$,tab:>─,extends:>,precedes:<,nbsp:~$

        I've also used:

        set listchars=eol:$,tab:|_,extends:>,precedes:<,nbsp:~$

        Brian

      • Brian L. Matthews
        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 1, 2010
          On 11/1/10 9:55 AM, Brian L. Matthews wrote:
          > On 11/1/10 9:26 AM, statquant2 wrote:
          >> browsing for a nice theme I found this http://leetless.de/vim.html, I am
          >> intersted to understand how you can have this nice display of
          >> indentation
          >> you can see on any theme of the page.
          >> I browsed the guy .vimrc file but I can't make it work.
          >
          > It's the tab setting in his lcs (aka listchars) setting. I use:
          >
          > set listchars=eol:$,tab:>─,extends:>,precedes:<,nbsp:~$
          >
          > I've also used:
          >
          > set listchars=eol:$,tab:|_,extends:>,precedes:<,nbsp:~$

          Ok, this is what I get for doing things from memory and not testing. :-(
          You have to escape the |:

          set listchars=eol:$,tab:\|_,extends:>,precedes:<,nbsp:~$

          Brian

        • AK
          Message 4 of 10 , Nov 1, 2010
            On 11/01/2010 12:54 PM, statquant2 wrote:

            > Yes thanks almost there!!!!
            > set list listchars=tab:\|-,trail:-,extends:$,nbsp:=
            > is doing fine but it is missing to fill the lines without code
            >
            > Here is what I get
            > |----int test;
            > |----int test2;
            > //here there should be some |----
            > |----int test3;

            I don't think you can do that. He probably has some actual tabs in the
            "empty" lines. -ak

          • statquant2
            Message 5 of 10 , Nov 1, 2010
              not working Brian :(

            • Андрей Хитров
              Message 6 of 10 , Nov 1, 2010
                For tabs and trailing spaces I use those display settings
                along with the theme "desert". To my taste it looks pretty cool,
                at least for development in Python.

                " displaying tab characters and trailing spaces
                " with special characters \u2592\u2591 and \u2593
                set lcs=tab:▒░,trail:▓
                set list