Re: Go to function definition

  • Ivan S. Freitas
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 1, 2010
      > I have built tabs for my cpp project so that I can use omnicompletion... so
      > in some sense vim can already know where  is a function implemented.

      You mean tags, right? With a ctags database, put the cursor on the
      function name and hit control-] (use control-t to go back where you
      came from). Also, you can use :tag <tagname>.
      Just search for tags vim and you can find many other tricks to jump around.

      HTH

      Ivan Sichmann Freitas
      Engenharia de Computação 2009
      UNICAMP
      http://identi.ca/ivansichmann
      Grupo Pró Software Livre UNICAMP - GPSL

    • statquant2
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 1, 2010
        Thanks Ivan
        Yes tags, the problem is that when I do <CTRL> ] I go on the .h file, and I
        don't know how to go the the cpp file itself... (where the function is
        implemented)

        Do you know by any chance ?

      • Ivan S. Freitas
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 1, 2010
          On Mon, Nov 1, 2010 at 2:23 PM, statquant2 <statquant@...> wrote:

          > Thanks Ivan
          > Yes tags, the problem is that when I do <CTRL> ] I go on the .h file, and I
          > don't know how to go the the cpp file itself... (where the function is
          > implemented)
          >
          > Do you know by any chance ?

          You can use :tselsect to have a menu with the matches and/or use
          :tnext and :tprevious (abbreviately, :tn and :tp) to move around tags.
          For more, see :help tag-matchlist

          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 1, 2010
            Cool that solves it thanks a lot mate