Re: matchit for oracle plsql

  • David Fishburn
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 29, 2010

      Which version of Vim are you using?
      :ver

      The ftplugin/sql.vim has been included with the Vim runtime as of version 7.0 of Vim.

      So, if you happen to have a local copy of vimfiles/ftplugin/sql.vim or .vim/ftplugin/sql.vim,  it is very old and should be deleted.

      Vim 7.3 ships with version 7.0 of that file.

      Having said all of that, it still does not work with the code you have provided.

      I will add that to my TODO list, as I am the maintainer of that file.

      Dave

      On 10/29/2010 10:35 AM, talek wrote:
      I have the following oracle plsql block:

      begin
        if true then
          if 1=1 then
          	null;
          end if;
          null;
        end if;
        for i in 1..100 loop
          for i in 1..100 loop
            null
          end loop;
          null;
        end loop;
        while true loop
          null;
          exit when false;
        end loop;
      end;

      Whiles matchit plugin works without problems for "begin:end, if:end
      if" pairs, it fails for statements like "for" or "while". I use
      version 0.08 of sql.vim ftplugin.

    • David Fishburn
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 8, 2010

[...]

        Talek,

        Can you try this version of the plugin.

        Just copy it to your .vim/ftplugin/sql.vim or vimfiles\ftplugin\sql.vim and restart Vim.

        Let me know how it goes.

        Dave

      • talek
        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 8, 2010
          Hi David,

          > Can you try this version of the plugin.

          I have troubles locating "this version of the plugin". From where I am
          supposed to get this new version?

          Talek.

        • talek
          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 8, 2010
            Hi David,

            Message 5 of 9 , Nov 9, 2010
              On 11/9/2010 2:25 AM, talek wrote:
              Hi David,

              Can you try this version of the plugin.

              I have troubles locating "this version of the plugin". From where I am
              supposed to get this new version?

              From the attachment I forgot to attach :-)

              Dave

            • talek
              Message 6 of 9 , Nov 9, 2010
                I've just tested this new version and I'm quite pleased about this new
                functionality. I noticed though that for indented loops (while, for,
                loop) matchit behaves differently than for "if/end if" or "begin/end"
                blocks. Whiles for "if/end if" the cursor is always put at the
                beginning of the "if" keyword, for "loop", "for" and "while" blocks
                the cursor is placed at the beginning of the line.

              • David Fishburn
                Message 7 of 9 , Nov 10, 2010
                  On 11/9/2010 3:12 PM, talek wrote:
                  I've just tested this new version and I'm quite pleased about this new
                  functionality. I noticed though that for indented loops (while, for,
                  loop) matchit behaves differently than for "if/end if" or "begin/end"
                  blocks. Whiles for "if/end if" the cursor is always put at the
                  beginning of the "if" keyword, for "loop", "for" and "while" blocks
                  the cursor is placed at the beginning of the line.

                  Yes, that beginning of the line was the best I could do, even though it is different.

                  That at least gets you going, I think I will post to Vim_use and see if anyone can think why I can't get it to work they way I want.

                  Dave

                • talek
                  Message 8 of 9 , Nov 10, 2010
                    Hi Dave,