Re: Resizing window not working in my plugin

  • Benjamin R. Haskell
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 27, 2010
      On Wed, 27 Oct 2010, Martin Lundberg wrote:

      > I'm on MacVim Version 7.3 (53)
      >
      > I'm creating the buffer here:
      > http://github.com/marlun/vim-gotobuffer/blob/master/plugin/gotobuffer.vim#L80
      > creating it with
      >
      > execute "botright " . a:height . "new __GOTOBUFFER__"
      >
      > setting buftype=nofile. Not sure if that answers your question?

      Yeah, it answers the question, but I don't know what's going wrong.
      Just some simple tests: ({1..N} expands to the numbers 1 through N, in
      case your shell doesn't support it)

      vim -u NONE -N -c 'runtime plugin/gotobuffer.vim' -o 1
      vim -u NONE -N -c 'runtime plugin/gotobuffer.vim' -o {1..3}
      vim -u NONE -N -c 'runtime plugin/gotobuffer.vim' -o {1..6}
      vim -u NONE -N -c 'runtime plugin/gotobuffer.vim' -o {1..10}

      Then pressing \f seems to work. I get __GOTOBUFFER__'s of 1, 3, 6, and
      10 lines.

      My tests just now were with Vim 7.3c BETA w/o GUI. Not sure what the
      '(53)' you mention is. 7.3 is only up to patch #47.

      --
      Best,
      Ben